Student Travel Insurance

Student Travel Insurance

Studying abroad is one of life’s most exciting adventures!

It might be the first time you move out of home, it’s an opportunity to meet new people and for some, it’s a chance to see the world. For your stay abroad, you need an insurance which is perfectly adjusted to your personal needs.

Sacos Student Travel insurance, backed by Mapfre Assistencia, a global insurance company operating worldwide, is designed to provide the protection you would expect from a comprehensive travel insurance plan supported by a 24 hour international call center service.

The Student Travel Insurance Plan covers

  • Medical Expenses and Hospitalisation abroad, including emergency dental care. (click to have further information)
  • Emergency Medical Evacuation(click to have further information)
  • Emergency Return Home following the death of a family(click to have further information)
  • Travel of one immediate family member(click to have further information)
  • Personal Accident Cover(click to have further information)
  • Lost Passport, ID card and driving licence(click to have further information)
  • Loss and delay of checked-in baggage(click to have further information)
  • Personal Civil Liability cover(click to have further information)



Limits in USD
Geographical  CoverageWorldwide
Medical & Emergency Assistance
Medical Expenses and Hospitalization Abroad60.000 Excess 50100.000 Excess 50
Emergency Medical Evacuation30.00050.000
Emergency Dental Care400 Excess 25400 Excess 25
Repatriation of Mortal Remains15.00025.000
Repatriation of family member travelling with the insured3.5003.500
Emergency Return Home Following Death of a Close Relative2.0002.000
Travel Of One Immediate Family Member100/ -day Max. 1000100/-day  Max. 1000
Personal Assistance Services
24 Hours Assistance ServicesCoveredCovered
Delivery of Medicines1.0001.000
Hijacking in means of Public Transport200 / hour Max.
Excess 12 hours
200 / hour Max.
Excess 12 hours
Loss of Passport, driving license, national identity card abroad500500
Compensation for in flight loss of checked-in baggage
Per Bag
Per Item
Compensation for delay in the arrival of luggage300300
Location and forwarding of personal effectsCoveredCovered
Personal Accident in means of Public Transport
Accidental Death occurred in means of public transport10.00010.000
Permanent disability% of principal sumas per scale% of principal sumas per scale
Permanent Total disability10.00010.000
Personal Liability
Personal Civil Liability50.000 Excess 15050.000 Excess 150
Legal Defence2.0002.000



Who can take this plan?

Anyone who is going for overseas studies between 3 and 12 months can take one of the two plans: ‘Student Classics or Students Premium’

How do I sign on to a travel student insurance plan?
  • Anyone who is going for overseas studies between 3 and 12 months can take one of the two plans below
  • For studies above 12 months, the first 12-month policy has to renew prior to its expiry date. This can be done either in Seychelles or from overseas.
What if I am going for more than 1 year Studies, can I renew my policy?

Your 1-year policy is for multi-trips within 1-year period, worldwide, if your studies is for more than 1 year, you can renew your policy annually either in Seychelles or from overseas before it expires. Please note that if the policy has expired, it will not be renewed from overseas. At renewal, you will need to provide evidence that you are still a student.

What are the exclusions in my plan?
  • We will not cover any medical conditions which were already present when you bought your policy and cover under this policy will not be available if you travel against medical advice.
  • This policy is to protect you when the unexpected happen and medical claims are based on what is necessary and reasonable. Preventative treatments such as health screening and health checks are not covered.
  • You must act responsibly and report any crime against you to the police within 24 hours. We will not cover irresponsible actions nor illegal activities or things which occurred where drugs or alcohol were involved.
How do I apply for assistance?

Whenever any of the above events occurs, you or any person acting on your behalf should, in the shortest possible time, call the Alarm Centre, which is available 24h/24 7d/7, on the following numbers.

  • + 353 91 560 628 (From outside Ireland) or 091 560628 (From Ireland)
  • + 44 845 217 1379 (From outside UK) or 0845 2171379 (From UK)
  • +33 4 37 37 28 98 for French language


Request a quote

We will get back to you within one business day.
This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info