Student Travel Insurance
Studying abroad is one of life’s most exciting adventures!
It might be the first time you move out of home, it’s an opportunity to meet new people and for some, it’s a chance to see the world. For your stay abroad, you need an insurance which is perfectly adjusted to your personal needs.
Sacos Student Travel insurance, backed by Mapfre Assistencia, a global insurance company operating worldwide, is designed to provide the protection you would expect from a comprehensive travel insurance plan supported by a 24 hour international call center service.
The Student Travel Insurance Plan covers
- Medical Expenses and Hospitalisation abroad, including emergency dental care. (click to have further information)
- Emergency Medical Evacuation(click to have further information)
- Emergency Return Home following the death of a family(click to have further information)
- Travel of one immediate family member(click to have further information)
- Personal Accident Cover(click to have further information)
- Lost Passport, ID card and driving licence(click to have further information)
- Loss and delay of checked-in baggage(click to have further information)
- Personal Civil Liability cover(click to have further information)
SUMMARY OF COVERS
|STUDENTS CLASSIC||STUDENTS PREMIUM(*)|
|Limits in USD|
|Medical & Emergency Assistance|
|Medical Expenses and Hospitalization Abroad||60.000 Excess 50||100.000 Excess 50|
|Emergency Medical Evacuation||30.000||50.000|
|Emergency Dental Care||400 Excess 25||400 Excess 25|
|Repatriation of Mortal Remains||15.000||25.000|
|Repatriation of family member travelling with the insured||3.500||3.500|
|Emergency Return Home Following Death of a Close Relative||2.000||2.000|
|Travel Of One Immediate Family Member||100/ -day Max. 1000||100/-day Max. 1000|
|Personal Assistance Services|
|24 Hours Assistance Services||Covered||Covered|
|Delivery of Medicines||1.000||1.000|
|Hijacking in means of Public Transport||200 / hour Max.|
Excess 12 hours
|200 / hour Max.|
Excess 12 hours
|Loss of Passport, driving license, national identity card abroad||500||500|
|Compensation for in ﬂight loss of checked-in baggage|
|Compensation for delay in the arrival of luggage||300||300|
|Location and forwarding of personal eﬀects||Covered||Covered|
|Personal Accident in means of Public Transport|
|Accidental Death occurred in means of public transport||10.000||10.000|
|Permanent disability||% of principal sumas per scale||% of principal sumas per scale|
|Permanent Total disability||10.000||10.000|
|Personal Civil Liability||50.000 Excess 150||50.000 Excess 150|
Anyone who is going for overseas studies between 3 and 12 months can take one of the two plans: ‘Student Classics or Students Premium’
- Anyone who is going for overseas studies between 3 and 12 months can take one of the two plans below
- For studies above 12 months, the first 12-month policy has to renew prior to its expiry date. This can be done either in Seychelles or from overseas.
Your 1-year policy is for multi-trips within 1-year period, worldwide, if your studies is for more than 1 year, you can renew your policy annually either in Seychelles or from overseas before it expires. Please note that if the policy has expired, it will not be renewed from overseas. At renewal, you will need to provide evidence that you are still a student.
- We will not cover any medical conditions which were already present when you bought your policy and cover under this policy will not be available if you travel against medical advice.
- This policy is to protect you when the unexpected happen and medical claims are based on what is necessary and reasonable. Preventative treatments such as health screening and health checks are not covered.
- You must act responsibly and report any crime against you to the police within 24 hours. We will not cover irresponsible actions nor illegal activities or things which occurred where drugs or alcohol were involved.
Whenever any of the above events occurs, you or any person acting on your behalf should, in the shortest possible time, call the Alarm Centre, which is available 24h/24 7d/7, on the following numbers.
- + 353 91 560 628 (From outside Ireland) or 091 560628 (From Ireland)
- + 44 845 217 1379 (From outside UK) or 0845 2171379 (From UK)
- +33 4 37 37 28 98 for French language