Funeral Insurance Plan
The Sacos Insurance Funeral Plan offers families a financial coverage for the cost associated to a funeral.
You will have the flexibility to tailor the funeral insurance plan to suit your needs, with the option to add any family members and your loved ones to the services that are included.
The Sacos Funeral Insurance Plan is an effective way of ensuring that your family and those who depend on you do not have to take an unreasonable financial burden in order to pay for a funeral ceremony. It provides our clients with coverage to the designated beneficiary within 48hours from the death of the insured.
There are several options offered under the Funeral Insurance Policy. But before you choose one, take a look at the big picture so you understand the benefits and what is covered.
Why choose the Sacos Funeral Insurance Plan?
- Our plan offers you different cover value options to suite to your payment capability;
- No medical examination is required so immediate acceptance to the plan;
- Easy premium payment options;
- Fast payment of claims; within 48 hours.
Plan in detail
The Sacos Funeral Insurance Plan is a policy that pays an agreed lump sum amount ranging from SCR15,000 to SCR75,000, to a funeral parlour or a nominated beneficiary (a person of your choice) to pay for the funeral expense, when a member of the plan passes away.
The funeral plan is available for a single person or for a family, which includes spouse, parents and children. This means that should any one of them die, there will the same lump-sum amount, as the main member, available to cover their funeral expenses too. You are eligible to take the funeral plan as a new member from 18 years old up to 70 years old. Table below shows the age limits for new members both as an individual or for their family members:
|Insured||Age Limit||Coverage age limit|
|main member||above 18 & less than 65||until death|
|spouse||above 18 & less than 65||until death|
|dependent child||less than 21||up to 21|
|dependent child studying on fulltime basis at tertiary institution||less than 25||up to 25|
|parents||up to 70||until death|
The Sacos funeral plan, offers four different coverage limits, which can cover anything from a basic funeral burial package to a more elaborate one that can also include a headstone as per table below:.
If a main member takes a specific package, e.g. a SCR30.000 coverage limit, then all other members that is added to their plan will also be covered for the same amount, i.e. each additional member will be covered for SCR30,000.
The Sacos Funeral Insurance plan is a very affordable plan. The premium for a main member ranges from as little as SCR80 per month for a main member aged 18 to 25 years, to SCR125 per month for a member aged 60 to 65 years for a SCR15,000 plan, if taken on an individual basis. Close family members can also be added to their plan at very affordable rates.
To make it even more affordable, the premium can be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually depending on the member’s ability.
Members on a Sacos Funeral Insurance plan will be covered until they pass away, however members only need to pay premium up to the age of 75*.
*Terms and Conditions apply and is detailed in our Policy terms and conditions. Premium rate examples exclude 1% Levy.
Our Range of Funeral Insurance Plan
The funeral plan is available for a single person or for a family, which includes spouse, parents and children, provided that they are a resident of Seychelles (Seychellois citizen and expatriate living in Seychelles
- Complete a specific application form
- No medical examination is required to be able to join the plan.
- The plan can be purchased directly from Sacos branches or from one of our agent/brokers.
- Inform the Sacos office within 24 hours if death occurs as a result of an accident (Sacos terms and conditions apply) of the main member or the family member(s). The following documents are required: Cause of death documentation, death certificate and deceased National ID;
- If natural death occurs, a minimum of 6 months is required before a claim can be made.
- In the case of a suicide, 12 months after applying for the funeral insurance plan only, can a claim be made.
- 50% of the sum assured is payable, if death occurs within the 1st year OR after the 6th month waiting period.
- Refund of premium paid for death within 6 months.
- After the 1st year, the full sum assured will be paid subject to our terms and conditions.
- Payment will be released to the nominated beneficiary (person designated or funeral parlor) within 48 hours after all official documents have been received.