What do I do if I have a car accident?
If you have been in a car accident, immediately report the incident to the police and request for medical assistance if required. You should notify us thereafter of the incident and advise us of the acceptance of liability from you or the third party.

What do I do if my vehicle has been damaged in a car accident?
If your vehicle has been damaged as a result of your liability, you should contact our Claims Division to make a claim. Once your claim has been approved, we will make payment directly to yourself, unless notified otherwise.

If your vehicle has been damaged as a result of someone else’s liability, you should make arrangements with the other person and notify us of the incident. Please ensure to get all the details from the other person including vehicle plate number, contact details and insurance company. If you can, take a picture of the accident scene, including the damage to both vehicles.

If the third party is a Sacos client, the third party will need to submit a claims form with us and we will then contact you and your garage to assess the damage and the claims amount.

Do not accept liability if you are unsure on whose fault the accident was. The police report will determine liability.

What do I do if I have damaged someone else’s vehicle?
If you have accepted liability for damage caused to someone else’s vehicle, you should notify us immediately. You should indicate on the claims form, your acceptance of liability and the vehicle number of the third party. The third party will provide us with a quotation and our assessor will liaise with the respective garage to determine the damage. We will make payment directly to the affected party.

When can I send my car to the garage?
You can send your car to a garage immediately after notifying us of a car accident. Our claims representatives will advise you on what to do next.

Am I eligible for a replacement car?
You will be eligible for a replacement car, only if you have taken the “loss of use” cover which is an additional cover under your policy.

You will need to complete and submit a claims form when requesting for a replacement car. Tick yes on ‘loss of use’ on the form, and specify the number of days and from which date you will need the replacement car. The limit indicated in your policy will determine the number of days you will be given a replacement car. The higher your limit, the longer the days in which you can be assisted with a replacement car. Upon submission of your claims form, we will contact a car hire from a recommended list of car hires so that you can be issued with a replacement car.

What do I do if my vehicle is stolen or broken into?
You should immediately report the case to the police and notify us thereafter that your vehicle has been stolen or broken into. If you have taken a comprehensive policy, you can submit your claims form to us, along with your police report and any other documentation which we may require from you.

What do I do if I have been involved in an accident resulting in bodily injury or death?
If your passenger has been injured as a result of an accident, we will compensate the passenger based on the nature of the injuries sustained. Unless you have taken a personal accident cover, only your passenger will be compensated for bodily injury sustained. In the event of death, the family of your passenger can submit a claims form to us along with an affidavit and any other documentation required by us. Payment will be made to the affected family.

If you have taken the personal accident cover, you should advise us on your claims and submit a medical report along with your form. The compensation to be paid will be in accordance to the nature of injury you have sustained. In the event of death, your family can submit a claims form to us along with an affidavit and any other documentation required by us. Payment will be made to your family.

What do I do if I have damaged someone’s house?
If you have damaged a person’s house as a result of a car accident, you should immediately check whether members of that household require any medical assistance. You should thereafter call the police to report the accident and notify us of the incident so that we can better assist the proprietor with their claims. We will liaise directly with the proprietor to settle the claims.


Motor Accident Claim

  • Duly filled and signed claim form
  • Copy of road fund certificate
  • Police report
  • Police Statement
  • Copy of Insurance certificate
  • Copy of Motor Driving License of the person driving the vehicle at the time of the accident
  • Estimate of repairs from the repairer where the vehicle is to be repaired
  • Photo(s) of the accident (Optional)

Motor Injury Claim

  • Medical Report/Medical Note
  • Sick Leave Certificate
  • Police report
  • Police Statement
  • Death Certificate (In case of Death)



This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. More info