Fire and Special Perils
Is theft and burglary covered under this policy?
Yes, but only if you have taken the more comprehensive policy – Fire and Special Perils. If you have taken only the fire policy, you will not be able to submit a claim in event of burglary or theft to your premises. This policy differs to the householder’s policy as it a specific policy designed for business premises.
Your claim will only be valid if there is proof of forcible entry against your property. If your premises were not properly secured and as a result you were burglarized, your claim will not be approved. When submitting your claim, always submit a police report along with other documentations required by us.
What do I do if there are partial damage to the goods in my warehouse as a result of fire?
If your stocks are insured, you will be compensated for damage caused by the fire including damage caused by water and smoke etc. However, you are not covered against damage resulting from arson. In most cases, we would require a fire report once you have submitted your claims form.
- LIST OF DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CLAIM SETTLEMENT (To be submitted to the Sacos office)
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Police Report
- Police Statement
- Quotation for cost of repairs
- Quantity Surveyors Report (If total loss)
- List of damaged or loss items
- Invoices or Quotations for loss or damaged items (If contents is insured)
- Quotation from contractor for cost of new building (If total loss)
- Record ( Sales) Books
- Record (Stock) Books
- Pictures of the damages (Optional)
NEED MORE HELP? CONTACT US
T +248 429 5065 / 429 5054