News & Notices
- A small interview with Mrs. Charmayne de Commarmond, the head of Life Insurance at Sacos
- Tender Sacos vehicles for sale (April 2021)
- Sacos Board responds to The Independent article published on 08 February 2021
- Tender Sacos vehicles for sale (January 2021)
- Tender Sacos vehicles for sale (November 2020)
- Motor Win Back Promotion – Our October Winner
- Stand to win the Star Prize of SCR10,000 OR 1 of the 10 SCR3000 in Sacos Life’ End of Year Lottery!
- Tender Sacos vehicles for sale (October 2020)
- 10 Sacos Household policyholders walk away with 4 years free home insurance cover each
- Congratulations to Yves Antoine our proud winner of the SCR150,000 Sacos Endowment Plan
- Motor Win Back Promotion – Our August Winner is Mr&Mrs Sanguillon!
- Tree Planting Activity
- Seychelles Swimming Association – Summer Swimming Training Camp
- Staff member Francis Nourrice and his Team have won the SeyPearl League
- New Opening Hours for Sacos Victoria & Praslin Offices in View of COVID-19 Situation
- Notice – E-Channels for all your insurance needs
- Closure of Providence Branch
- Closure of La Digue Branch
- New Opening Hours for Sacos Victoria Office
- New Opening Hours for Sacos Praslin Office
- Notice to all customers from Sacos
- Sacos main sponsor to the Cancer Association for the Brave The Shave Event, Praslin, 30th november 2019
- Purchase your “Mortgage Life Insurance” with Sacos and stand a chance to win a return-ticket to Dubai and get free fire insurance for your house*!
- Sacos offers peace of mind for the small business entrepreneur at the ESA Expo
- Sacos Brings its Roadshow to Providence area
- Get a SCR200,000 life insurance policy for your child!
- Sacos participates at the hidden history of victoria “Redekouver Nou Zoli Lavil” Green Event
- International Sales & Business Seminar
- Sacos Rewards 6th Winner of our Motor Full Comprehensive Promotion for 2018!
- The Great Travel Insurance Giveaway! Friday
- Sacos Rewards 4th Winner of our Motor Full Comprehensive Promotion!
- Sacos Junior and Education Plans
- Sacos and the FIFA World Cup Finals
- Sacos “Exceeding Greatness” Awards
- Lucky Sacos client wins back his annual Motor Insurance Premium
- Dividend payments for Sacos shareholders to be paid in December
- Jennifer Morel appointed CEO of Sacos Insurance Group
- Fiona Port-Louis winner of Sacos’ October Travel Insurance promotion
A small interview with Mrs. Charmayne de Commarmond, the head of Life Insurance at Sacos
Q: Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Charmayne de Commarmond and I am the Head of Department for Sacos Life Assurance Company Ltd. I hold a Bachelor of Commerce with a Marketing Major and a degree in International Business from Curtin University, Perth, WA. I also have a MSc in Insurance and Risk Management from City University London, UK. I started my career in the trade and commerce industry and then I joined the insurance sector and its where I have been ever since. Apart for my academic background I have also developed myself professionally and today I currently hold an ACII with the Chartered Insurance Institute.
Q: How long have you been in the insurance sector?
I have been with Sacos for 9 years. I am very passionate about insurance and I also go over and above to help others to understand the concept of insurance. That is also why in my effort to educate the market about insurance, I am also a part time lecturer at The Guy Morel Institute Seychelles.
Q: Given your academic qualification and your experience in insurance, more specifically in life assurance, why should people seriously consider investing in a life insurance?
I believe that life insurance provides risk cover that keeps you and your family protected in case of unfortunate events. In addition, it is a disciplined way of saving for your future especially in this time when savings is of the essence. It is a financial mechanism that transfers the risk to an insurance company if something unfortunate were to happen to you.
Q: Having worked with Sacos for 9 years now, why should Sacos be the insurer of choice for life insurance in Seychelles?
Sacos has been in the life business for a long time, and I believe that through experience we understand the needs of our customers. Our team has grown with the company, they are very capable, specialised and have a vast amount of experience.
Q: What are the various life insurance plans and who are they for?
Our extensive range of life insurance plans provide peace of mind and protection for you and your loved ones. You can choose protection for your home, save for your child’s education, plan for your retirement or invest as a lump sum. Everyone should set cash aside for a rainy day. Even when you live to a ripe old age, you will still need money. It is therefore very important that you should have some kind of plan to save money for your old age or to provide for your family in the event that you are not around.
Q: Tell us a bit about the new funeral insurance plan that Sacos just launched?
The Sacos Insurance Funeral Plan offers families a financial coverage for the cost associated to a funeral. The Sacos Funeral Insurance Plan is an effective way of ensuring that your family and those who depend on you, do not have to take an unreasonable financial burden in order to pay for a funeral ceremony. Our plan offers you different cover value options to suite to your payment capabilities ranging from SCR15,000 to SCR75,000. Generally, the Sacos Funeral Insurance plan is a very affordable plan with a wide range of benefits. Get yours starting at only SCR80 a month.
Q: Any advice you want to give to those who haven’t taken the step yet to get a life insurance?
“Motivation comes from within! You can, you should and if you are brave enough to start, you will”. Do not wait any longer to buy your life insurance! Do it now! Do it today because we do not know what tomorrow holds!