News & Notices
- Sacos Board responds to The Independent article published on 08 February 2021
- Tender Sacos vehicles for sale (January 2021)
- Tender Sacos vehicles for sale (November 2020)
- Motor Win Back Promotion – Our October Winner
- Stand to win the Star Prize of SCR10,000 OR 1 of the 10 SCR3000 in Sacos Life’ End of Year Lottery!
- Tender Sacos vehicles for sale (October 2020)
- 10 Sacos Household policyholders walk away with 4 years free home insurance cover each
- Congratulations to Yves Antoine our proud winner of the SCR150,000 Sacos Endowment Plan
- Motor Win Back Promotion – Our August Winner is Mr&Mrs Sanguillon!
- Tree Planting Activity
- Seychelles Swimming Association – Summer Swimming Training Camp
- Staff member Francis Nourrice and his Team have won the SeyPearl League
- New Opening Hours for Sacos Victoria & Praslin Offices in View of COVID-19 Situation
- Notice – E-Channels for all your insurance needs
- Closure of Providence Branch
- Closure of La Digue Branch
- New Opening Hours for Sacos Victoria Office
- New Opening Hours for Sacos Praslin Office
- Notice to all customers from Sacos
- Sacos main sponsor to the Cancer Association for the Brave The Shave Event, Praslin, 30th november 2019
- Purchase your “Mortgage Life Insurance” with Sacos and stand a chance to win a return-ticket to Dubai and get free fire insurance for your house*!
- Sacos offers peace of mind for the small business entrepreneur at the ESA Expo
- Sacos Brings its Roadshow to Providence area
- Get a SCR200,000 life insurance policy for your child!
- Sacos participates at the hidden history of victoria “Redekouver Nou Zoli Lavil” Green Event
- International Sales & Business Seminar
- Sacos Rewards 6th Winner of our Motor Full Comprehensive Promotion for 2018!
- The Great Travel Insurance Giveaway! Friday
- Sacos Rewards 4th Winner of our Motor Full Comprehensive Promotion!
- Sacos Junior and Education Plans
- Sacos and the FIFA World Cup Finals
- Sacos “Exceeding Greatness” Awards
- Lucky Sacos client wins back his annual Motor Insurance Premium
- Dividend payments for Sacos shareholders to be paid in December
- Jennifer Morel appointed CEO of Sacos Insurance Group
- Fiona Port-Louis winner of Sacos’ October Travel Insurance promotion
Sacos celebrate its 38th Anniversary with a special mass!
Wednesday 22 August 2018
“There is no magic to achievement. It’s really about hard work, choices and persistence” – Michelle Obama
Sacos is proud to be celebrating 38 years of existence, and this was celebrated with its staff, shareholders, partners and its loyal customers at a special mass on Wednesday 22 August at the Immaculate Conception.
Over the years, Sacos has seen many changes and its vision now is to grow and “rebuild our trust with the people of Seychelles by increasing our relevance and visibility in the community”.
“Sacos is proud to have a “team” and not just a workforce behind it. The company has come this far thanks to the dedication and hard work of its people. The current business environment is getting tougher and more efforts are required to maintain the sustainability of the company” was the message to the staff from the CEO, Ms. Jennifer Morel as we celebrated 38 years.
1 August 1980:
Sacos was established as a parastatal organisation following the enactment of the State Assurance Corporation of Seychelles Act of 1980. At the time, Sacos provided mainly general insurance services until later in 1990, when the Life and Pensions Division was set up
Following decision of Government to privatize up to 80% of its share in the company, the State Assurance Corporation Act 19980 was repealed and Sacos was incorporated as the State Assurance Company Limited, a limited liability company.
Sacos became the first company to be listed on Trop-X when the government decided to sell all of its remaining shares. By May 2014, the government of Seychelles had fully sold all its 399,990 shares in Sacos.
The Sacos brand and name have evolved over the years. From 1985 to 2005, the company earned its moniker SACOS, an abbreviation of its name – State Assurance Corporation of Seychelles. Following the liberalization of the company in 2005, the company’s name changed to State Assurance Company Limited, but the company continued to use SACOS given public association with the name. In October 2011, Sacos changed its trading name to SACOS Group Limited.
In February 2017, the company embarked on a rebranding journey with the launch of a brand new logo and tagline ‘Here for you’. Sacos is now a standalone name and no longer an abbreviation, with the amalgamation of the company’s subsidiaries united under one name – the Sacos Insurance Group.
Since then, Sacos has been introducing the new brand identity through its marketing campaigns, image, products and service quality. As the country’s largest and longest standing insurance provider, we strive to not only better our services and products to please our clients, but to continue to play a major supportive role in the progress and development of our small island community.
For more information, please contact:
Head of PR and Communications
Sacos Insurance Group
T 429 5000